Archive for December, 2006
A soon to be decades old tradition, Los Mitchells “Vomiting Santa.”
Included in the 3rd week of Snapshots.
Let the Fed help you find gifts! I wish I would have known about this a few weeks ago! My particular favorite is the DEA gift shop.
Want a reproduction of the badge worn during prohibition to hang on the tree? Who the hell wouldn’t?
The Supreme Court has some curiously infantile offerings. Too many teddy bears holding scales. Creepy.
Going Jesus: Cavalcade of Bad Nativities Some fine nativities. My favorite? Easy-bake nativity.
The Winter season begins officially Thursday, December 21.
4:22pm in the Pacific Time Zone and 7:22pm Eastern Time Zone.
Ready for the longest night of the year?
“Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile? It%u2019s because it gets you high. They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago. You know why? It was redundant.
In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don%u2019t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get it%u2019s hands on into fat. (There%u2019s plenty of that at this particular moment)
40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dialate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
Here’s a full collection of alternative Christmas ditties.
1. Jingle Jane – Divide and Kreate
2. Carpenter’s Christmas (Karen Meets Roots Radics Uptown)
- Go Home Productions
3. Lonely Siberian Winter – DJ John
4. Donde Esta Santa Claus? – Lenlow
5. The Darlene Love Sub-Zero Ecosystem – ATOM
6. X-Mash – Divide and Kreate
7. Let Me Clear My Throat At Christmas – Cheekyboy
8. Pere Noel Blues – ComaR
9. The Rockin’ Manger Twist – Voicedude
10. Dreidl-Bells – DJ Flack
11. Chanukah Song (GoyiMix) – dj BC
12. Give Da Jew Girl Toys (Clean) – A plus D
13. Rudolph The Paranoid Reindeer – ToToM
14. I Want A New Limb For Christmas – Pilchard
15. Rudolph Berry Molecular Pattern 4 – ATOM
16. Red Nosed 5 – Solcofn
17. Wonderful Christmastime (Rhythm Scholar Kringle Kut Remix)
- Paul McCartney vs Rhythm Scholar
18. Last Christmas The Winter Took The Street – Martinn
19. Stop I’ve Had Enough Christmas Music – King Of Pants
20. White Christmas (Electro Remix) – Miss Frenchie
21. Imagine Santa – dj BC
22. Frosty John – Secret Santa
BONUS (Mature Themes):
Horny Christmas – Loo and Placido
Give Da Jew Girl Toys (Dirty) – A plus D
NASA – Space Shuttle
“NASA officials have set the next launch attempt for 8:47 p.m. EST on Dec. 9. “
The countdown to launch is set to begin Monday at 11 p.m. EST (0400 GMT on Tuesday), starting at the T-43 hour mark and Dec 7, 9:35pm EST is the first window to launch. Coverage begins at 3:35pm in the afternoon.
Watch it on NASA TV if you don’t get it on your local cable.
NASA TV ONLINE